Interested in working with FX Design Group?
FX Design Group, founded in 1986, is an Orlando, FL based company that Designs and Fabricates Scenery and Lighting for Broadcast News Sets, Corporate Meetings, Themed Environments, and Media Productions. FX Design Group is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the following positions:
Associate Set Designer
2 to 4 years experience in Set Design, (or similar discipline)
Broadcast design experience and/or theatrical/broadcast lighting design a plus
Working knowledge of 3D AutoCAD , 3DS Max (Mental Ray), Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite
General knowledge and understanding of scenic fabrication techniques
Able to thrive in a collaborative group environment; take input from Lead Designers and run with an idea
Willing to learn and adapt
Able to manage multiple projects and maintain and execute timelines
Good communication and organizational skills
Maintain patience and respect, with both clients and coworkers
Coordinate with Lead Set Designers on the creation of:
- 3D AutoCAD models
- Plan & Storyboard layouts
- 3DS Max rendering of ACAD models
- Assigning/applying/creating mental ray materials
- Set graphic concept design for renderings
- Set up studio style lighting for the scene
- Create/position/animate cameras for all shots that are to be represented
- Render out finished renderings
Please forward resume with salary expectations to and place Associated Set Designer Position in the subject line
3 to 5 years professional experience in Stage Management, Theatre or Television operations, or Project Management in a theatre or entertainment related field.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from 4 year college or university (Preferred Theatre, Television, or Entertainment background)
Strong ability and understanding of theatrical or television scenic construction
Able to maintain and execute timelines
Able to manage multiple projects over both short and long timelines
Able to manage projects effectively with relatively inflexible deadlines.
Good communication skill with both Clients and coworkers
Emphasis on Scheduling and Resource Management
Excellent organizational skills
Willingness to travel
Able to thrive in a collaborative group environment
Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD LT; Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook software
Preferred understanding of camera shots, site lines, lighting basics, printed graphics, and quality control.
- Assist the sales representative throughout the process of bringing the client to contract.
- Act as the primary contact with the client.
- Facilitate communication between the client and the design team.
- Coordinate and update project schedules in line with the contract taking into account other project needs.
- Generate the project bids and assemble information to complete the final contract.
- Keep clients focused on providing feedback and making decisions in line with timelines and budget parameters of the contract.
- Anticipate potential project pitfalls.
- Track and estimate increases in labor and materials and communicates these increases to the client via change orders for approval.
- Prepare project status reports during the project and final reports after completion of the project. These reports should document any reasons for being out of line with budgets and timelines.
- Other duties to be assigned
Please forward resume with salary expectations to and place Project Manager Position in the subject line